Position: Manufacturing Supervisor
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising operations to ensure production is operating in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for productions schedules and posting of daily work assignments based upon production needs and individual strengths. Must be shop floor orientated and provide “hands-on” product/process support for all reports on a daily basis. This individual will be the driver behind product/process safety, quality, delivery and morale. Accountable for continuous improvement of assigned department as well as training and development of direct reports.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy.
- Communicates, trains, guides and coaches employees to achieve operational initiatives that optimize team efforts in the manufacturing of high quality products.
- Evaluates interpersonal skills, provides feedback and recommends as well as methods to improve interpersonal communications.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work according to the demand of the manufacturing schedules.
- Continually assesses the limitations of equipment capacity and materials supply to directly make adjustments to personal for optimization of manufacturing output.
- Assesses each employee’s abilities and skills to match with capabilities required for each area of the manufacturing floor.
- Continuously monitors and tracks output, manufacturing processes, labour efficiencies, direct operating expenses.
- Measures performance and quality.
- Drives positive results in operational Key Process Indicators.
- Establishes and builds working relationships with other departmental personnel, such as Sales,Maintenance, Engineering, Finance, Planning and Quality to meet production schedules.
- Meets regularly on a formal basis with Management Team to review production results and improvement priorities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Production/Manufacturing engineering
- 3-5 years’ related work experience in Manufacturing Industry.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Labor Laws.
- Conflict Resolution Management and Time Management.
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, problem solving, teamwork interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to seek a team approach.
- Ability to give guidance and direction as required.
- Ability to set direction, make decisions and oversee the line with little to no direct supervision.
- Availability to support/operate on off shifts as required.
- Ability to deliver business results both independently and through others.
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Please Email Your Resume To : email@example.com